Gun Safety Rules
SRM Arms, Safety Tips
Prevent Accidents Always Follow Safety Rules
The fundamental rules for safe firearm handling:
1. Always keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.
2. Always assume gun is loaded, only load when ready to use.
3. Always keep your finger away from the trigger until you are ready to fire.
Follow these storage and handling firearm rules:
4. Know your target and its surroundings.
5. Become familiar with firearm. Personally, check firearm is unloaded when handling.
6. Only after reading the manual or becoming educated about the gun should you handle it. Know how to inspect magazine and chamber are empty.
7. Always maintain firearm. Failure to keep firearm clean and in proper working condition can lead to dangerous conditions.
8. Use only original commercially manufactured ammunition in good condition which is appropriate to the firearm.
9. Use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) designed for shooting to protect your eyes and ears.
10. Never shoot when your judgment is impaired, shooting is demanding, and unforgiving and should only be done when alert
11. Store firearms in a safe place.
12. Keep firearm unloaded when not being used, and when possible, transport unloaded firearms in a locked hard-sided container.
Stay Protected Wear Safety Equipment.
Photo by Jakob Owens on Unsplash
Subscribe to our Awesome Newsletter.